What to expect:
We are proud to lead the industry in sightings with a 98% success rate with this tour! Choose from either our covered or open boat tour options, both with on board washrooms. At a minimum of 3.5 hours, this is the longest and most comprehensive whale & wildlife tour available in the industry! Eagle Wing Tours is motivated to provide our guests with more than just a ‘look at the whales’. Most of our guests have traveled great distances, and we look forward to exceeding your already high expectations!
Eagle Wing team members are excited to share everything our natural treasure chest has to offer. With every departure we go above and beyond -maximizing guest satisfaction, overall comfort, and delivering the “WOW” factor by making multiple wildlife stops, providing world class interpretation and personalized service wherever possible. At 3.5 hours, this tour is a minimum of 30 minutes longer than the competition, and is a part of Eagle Wing Tour’s Whale Guarantee Program.
Included in the Tour:
- Whale Guarantee Program!
- Wildlife viewing
- In board wildlife identification kits
- Binoculars, gloves, hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, blankets
- On board Naturalist/Biologist
- On board washrooms on all of our boats!
- Hydrophone—you’ll actually hear the whales!
What to bring:
Cameras (& protective casing), extra clothing, snacks, drinks, a smile, and a sense of adventure!
Please understand that when we view the wildlife and whales that we are guests in their home and must follow a strict set of viewing guidelines in order to respect their natural life processes. Yes the whales do get close due their behaviour, but also can be far away in some instances.
- we are asked to maintain 100 meters (110 yards) in Canadian waters and 183 meters (200 yards) in American waters
- If the whales are along the San Juan Island shoreline then we maintain either 1/4 mile or 1/2 mile around Lime Kiln Park.
- All other islands in the Salish Sea (over 500 of them) we maintain 200 meters (220 yards) if whales are inshore.
- Most of the time the whales are out far enough for us to view at the minimum regulatory distances.
- bring a good camera with a zoom lens
- appreciate that we are dealing with wild animals that are highly protected (Southern Resident Killer Whales are an endangered species.)
Are you looking for a wildlife experience without the crowds? For the discerning traveler, we offer private charters, with the option of setting your own agenda. Contact us so that we may provide some suggestions and begin personalizing your West Coast experience today.