100% Carbon Neutral Whale Watching
Sustainability Initiatives at Eagle Wing Tours
- Use 100% recycled post-consumer paper for all printing
- Gift cards are made from 100% recycled plastic
- Full recycling and composting station in office
- Complimentary hot chocolate cups are 100% compostable
- Free trade hot chocolate for guests after ‘chilly’ tours
- Electricity purchased from renewable resources with Bullfrog Power
- Cleaning products are eco-friendly and 100% biodegradable
- 4 Ever Wild diesel catamaran is ultra-efficient, clean, quiet and able to convert over to an electric hybrid in the future.
- Goldwing – Arneson twin disc propulsion technology reduces drag and noise, water muffler system–ultra quiet.
- Diesel Engines – Volvo Penta engines are designed for low noise and vibrations (great for the marine life and passengers) and meet European Union emission standards.
- Gasoline Engines – Suzuki 4 stroke, burn less fuel and no oil.
- Sound dampener – all boats use Noxudol, a water based viscous elastic compound to dampen noises and vibrations.
- Oils – are regularly tested to extend life and responsibly recycled when oil is changed.
100% Carbon Neutral
Being Carbon Neutral means taking responsibility for the impact of our business on the environment.
MEASURE: First, we measure our carbon footprint by converting all of our activities such as electricity consumption, fuel use, waste and staff commuting to tonnes of CO2 equivalent.
REDUCE: We then work to reduce those emissions wherever possible – by optimizing the fuel efficiency of our boats, riding our bikes to work, purchasing local, using less energy and keeping waste out of the landfills.
OFFSET: Finally, we ‘neutralize’ the remaining emissions by purchasing verified Carbon Offsets with the Carbon Fund