Sustainability initiatives at Eagle Wing Tours
- Use 100% recycled post-consumer paper for all printing
- Gift cards are made from 100% recycled plastic
- Full recycling and composting station in office
- Complimentary hot beverage cups and lids are 100% compostable
- Compostable garbage bags
- Electricity purchased from renewable resources with Bullfrog Power
- Cleaning products are eco-friendly and 100% biodegradable.
- 4 Ever Wild and Wild 4 Whales diesel catamarans are ultra-efficient, clean, quiet
- Goldwing: Arneson twin-disc propulsion technology reduces drag and noise, water muffler system is ultra quiet
- Diesel engines: Volvo Penta engines are designed for low noise and vibrations (great for the marine life and passengers) and meet European Union emission standards (the highest in the world)
- Gasoline Engines: Suzuki 4-stroke are quieter than 2-stroke motors, burn less fuel and no oil
- Sound dampeners: all boats (where applicable) use Noxudol, a water-based viscous elastic compound to dampen noises and vibrations
- Oils: regularly tested to extend life and are responsibly recycled when oil is changed.
- The best available technology is used at all times.
100% Carbon Neutral
Being carbon neutral means taking responsibility for the impact of our business on the environment.
MEASURE: First, we measure our carbon footprint by converting all of our activities such as electricity consumption, fuel use, waste and staff commuting to tonnes of CO2 equivalent.
REDUCE: We then work to reduce those emissions wherever possible – by optimizing the fuel efficiency of our boats, riding our bikes to work, purchasing local, using less energy and keeping waste out of the landfills.
OFFSET: Finally, we “neutralize” the remaining emissions by purchasing verified carbon offsets with Wilderness International