1% For The Planet
Eagle Wing Tours, The First Whale Watching Company to Give 1% For The Planet!
Eagle Wing is the first whale watching company in Canada and the only whale tour company in Victoria (2012) to be a proud member of 1% for the Planet
- orca research & education
- salmon enhancement & habitat restoration
- educational programs
- land & forest conservation
- renewable technologies
- We donate a minimum of 1% of annual sales into environmental programs!
“The natural world has massive demands placed upon it every day,” said Brett Soberg, co-owner of Eagle Wing Tours. “At Eagle Wing we believe that being a responsible steward means being active, positive contributors to the ecosystem we love and are able to make our living from.”
Brett Soberg and his business partner, Don Stewart, started the growing whale watching company in 2005 with a deep respect for the marine environment. They believe that by educating the public about whales and the wonders of the Salish Sea, they are able to inspire people to consider more environmentally-responsible choices in their everyday lives. The company also goes to great lengths to minimize the environmental impact of every aspect of its operations. Eagle Wing Tours is Canada’s first and only carbon neutral whale watching company, offsetting all corporate greenhouse gas emissions. Their clean Volvo diesel engines meet the strictest international standards and provide the lowest emission rating of any whale watching company in Victoria. The unique scarab and catamaran designs of their three vessels incorporate the latest marine technology to reduce engine noise, minimizing underwater sound, wake and shoreline erosion.
“Environmental stewardship is at the heart of everything we do at Eagle Wing,” said Soberg. “Our customers can take pride in knowing that their tourism dollars are leaving a positive impact on the whales and the marine environment we all depend on.”
- “Eagle Wing Tours is a great addition to the 1% network. By signing on to 1%, it shows they’re really walking the walk in their sustainability efforts,” says Terry Kellogg, 1% CEO. “They’re using generosity as a tool with which to build their business and enabling valuable environmental work along the way. Eagle Wing Tours is an especially important addition to 1% for the Planet because they are uniquely positioned to engage their customers in the conservation movement by introducing them to the beauty of the Salish Sea.”
- “We welcome Eagle Wing to the group of Victoria businesses that have formally recognized their responsibility to and dependence on a healthy environment,” said Sandra Richardson, CEO of the Victoria Foundation. “Eagle Wing’s commitment to creating a high standard for their sector is inspiring. We look forward to working with them and our other 1% partners to show that taking environmental responsibility is good for business, as well as good for our community.”