“In the end, we will conserve only what we love, we will love only what we understand, and we will understand only what we are taught.” - Baba Dioum
Environmental stewardship is a core value at Eagle Wing. We are Canada’s first 100% carbon-neutral whale-watching company and members of 1% for the Planet. The natural world has massive demands being placed on it. As stewards of the Salish Sea, we actively work to protect the marine ecosystem we love. We are privileged to work in the presence of natural beauty and feel it is our duty to help make sure it will be here for generations to come. Our tours are fun AND educational, which greatly enhances the value of the experience! As compassionate marine stewards, Eagle Wing Tours inspires the conservation of our marine environment, with a thrill!
“Eagle Wing is not your typical whale watching company. What they have done to support our local community and ecology is far beyond what I have seen in this sector. They are truly leading change through their passion and commitment to the environment.“
- Jill Doucette - Founder, Synergy Sustainability Consultants.
Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, & Re-think!
- We use 100% recycled, post consumer paper.
- We reduce what we can and offset what we can’t–We offset 100% of our corporate GHG emissions every year = 100% Carbon Neutral
- As the first Victoria whale tour company to become a member of 1% for the Planet we, donate a minimum of 1% of ALL total sales into local environmental non profit projects .
- We are the first whale tour company in Victoria to implement a $2 wildlife research fee.
- We purchase locally produced biodegradable and non-toxic cleaning products.
- We recycle and compost in our floating office, producing very little trash
- Our inboard diesel and 4 stroke gasoline engines are quiet & do not burn any oil (All used engine oil is recycled.)
- We support local educational programs by inspiring the next generation of Salish Sea ambassadors
- We mentor other businesses who want to implement sustainability programs- its all about re-thinking how we do business
What is Sustainable Tourism?
Eagle Wing Tours fulfills economic, environmental and social-cultural obligations while generating income, contributing to employment, maintaining cultural integrity, and preserving essential local ecological processes and biological diversity. Eagle Wing aims to enhance the quality and sustainability of natural and cultural heritage-based experiences in all that we do:
Thank you / Support Us:
As a participant in one of our exciting Salish Sea whale watching adventure tours you will learn the delicate balance between modern times and the animals that live in the ocean. Nature is a true treasure which we must respect, protect & preserve. There are many ways in which YOU can make a difference:
- Help save the whales: find out more here
- Support continued research
- Help stop the hunt of whales by supporting Sea Shepherd Society
- Save the salmon & you save the whales
We hope you find these links useful. We very much look forward to meeting you and/or having you return to the ocean with us as we continue to explore the Salish Sea and the wonderful Wild Life that inhabit it.
“We are trying to redefine what we think a model wildlife tour company is. Spotting that whale is the cherry on top of an already very comprehensive marine experience. What we can do to protect these species by supporting education, conservation and responsible business is where we really count.”
- Brett Soberg – Co-owner / Captain Eagle Wing Tours Ltd.