We’re leaders on and off the water!
Sure, everyone says they’re really good at this and that. Thing is, we really are good at what we do. Don’t take just our word for it. Take a look at some of the awards and other honours we’ve earned over the years!
- EcoStar Award for Ecological Stewardship (Business): Commends a business that is actively working to restore or protect natural ecosystems. Awards hosted by Synergy Enterprises (2019)
- Commonwealth at 70: We were profiled in a commemorative book published by St. James’s House in partnership with the History of Parliament Trust in the UK. As the only ecotour company in the book, Eagle Wing Tours was selected for our “unique credentials in conservation, education and carbon reduction.” (2019)
Co-owners Don Stewart and Brett Soberg with “Commonwealth at 70”
- Top Tourism Business: At the Business Examiner Awards (Vancouver Island) for exemplifying industry best practices in all aspects of its operations. (2018)
- EcoStar Award for Experiential Tourism: Celebrates an organization that is setting an example in eco and experiential tourism. Awards hosted by Synergy Enterprises (2016)
- Top Sustainable Tourism Business in Canada Award (twice!): Awarded by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada for leadership and innovation in Canada’s tourism industry. (2014 and 2016)
Top Sustainable Tourism Business in Canada Award, 2014
- One of Top Three Tourism Traveller Experiences in Canada: Awarded by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada to the top tourism business that creates the year’s most exceptional tourism product, service or experience centred on hospitality and customer service. (2015)
- Sustainable Tourism Business Award: Awarded by Tourism Vancouver Island for our commitment to minimizing environmental impact, conserving natural resources, respecting local cultures and benefiting local communities. (2013)
- EcoStar Award for Environmental Leadership: Awarded to Eagle Wing Tours co-owner Brett Soberg for his community action through ecotourism, education and mentoring. Awards hosted by Synergy Enterprises. (2013)
Top Sustainable Business Award from Tourism Vancouver Island, 2013