“This is a significant transition for all of us. We encourage everyone to be respectful of others who may be moving at a slower pace, as we take this next step forward to put the COVID-19 pandemic behind us and make this a summer of hope and rejuvenation.”
—Dr. Bonnie Henry, BC Provincial Health Officer, June 29, 2021
Be safe. Be kind. Have fun!
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic the health and safety of our guests, our staff and the community where we live and work has always been our number one priority. We want you to have an outrageous amount of fun on your tour with us—safely!
Guided by the advice of health authorities and WorkSafeBC, we’ve revised our health and safety measures to align with Step 3 of the BC Government’s Restart Plan. Most of these measures happen behind the scenes. But for some of them, we need your help.
Please be aware of the following information before coming on your tour.
Additional questions and answers can be found here.
What we’re doing to keep you and our staff safe
CONTACT-FREE CHECK-IN We continue to strongly encourage a contact-free check-in. We have Plexiglas shields at our check-in desk to protect guests and staff. We discourage cash payments.
STAFF ILLNESS POLICY Any staff who are exhibiting symptoms or are feeling unwell are required to stay home.
MASKS Our staff continue to wear face coverings at all times on the dock and vessels.
SANITIZATION We’re thoroughly sanitizing bathrooms and every commonly touched surface of the vessel before, during and after each tour. Hats and gloves are laundered after each tour. Binoculars and sunglasses are cleaned in between tours.
FRESH AIR IS BEST On the vessel, we encourage you to stay on the outer decks as much as possible.
HAND SANITIZER STATIONS We have multiple hand sanitizer stations at the office and on the vessels.
What we’re asking you to do to help us
CONTACT-FREE CHECK-IN Please pay ahead of your arrival AND fill in your waivers and health declaration online.
- Have you experienced a cough, fever or other flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 30 days?
- Have you been asked to quarantine in the last 14 days?
STAY HOME IF UNWELL If you’re exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 or are feeling unwell, please stay home. We offer full refunds at any time for any reason.
- Masks are mandatory for guests when inside the cabins of our semi-covered vessels 4 Ever Wild and Wild 4 Whales.
- Masks are optional but encouraged when outside on our open boats or on the outer decks of our semi-covered vessels.
- When a mask is worn on the outer decks, an extra layer (buff or mask) must be used to keep the mask in place and prevent accidental littering into the ocean.
- The above mask rules apply to everyone aged 2 and older.
KEEP HANDS CLEAN Use the hand sanitizer we provide frequently and liberally.
KEEP YOUR DISTANCE Stay in your group and be respectful of distancing protocols on the dock and on the vessels.
DRESS WARMLY We always suggest you layer up with outer clothing. You can bring your own gloves and hats, or we can provide some.
FOOD AND DRINKS You can bring your own food, beverage or water. We do not provide or sell these items. When eating or drinking please do your best to socially distance and minimize your time with mask down.
GARBAGE Please dispose of any garbage on the vessels in the appropriate receptacles.
SEASICKNESS Some tours experience swells and wind-driven waves. If you’re prone to seasickness or think you might be, please consider preventive measures before the tour.
Updated July 2, 2021