"Environmental Stewardship" is a core value of Eagle Wing Tours. Eagle Wing's mission is to work with purpose and passion.
Responsible tour boat operators know that in these times of environmental crisis minimizing impact just isn't enough. The natural world has massive demands placed upon it every day and at Eagle Wing we believe that being a responsible steward means not just being quiet observers but active, positive contributors to the ecosystem we love and are able to make our living from.
Eagle Wing Tours' commitment to environmental stewardship is multifaceted:
- Educating 1000's about the Salish Sea & its inhabitants
- Supporting continued research on Southern Resident Killer Whales, via Orca adoption programs
- Supporting local educational programs @ the Shaw Ocean Discovery Center, Race Rocks ecological reserve,
- Supporting salmon stream rehabilitation programs, the PSF (Pacific Salmon Foundation) for long term improvement of prey for the whales,
- Supporting salmon enhancement projects, @ Jacks Brook Hatchery & Sooke salmon interpretive center for continued food for the whales, &
- Canada's 1st Carbon Neutral whale watching company, offsetting all of our corporate GHG emissions!
Some are less visible efforts like:
- the low-impact design & continued annual maintenance of our whale watch tour boats,
- simple daily business practices that promote a healthier planet,
- continued support of local community fundraisers and
- a strict adherence to industry leading "best practices" with regard to eliminating impact on the whales.
We see a future in which people all over the world can appreciate and understand the economic, social and environmental value of our relationship with nature.
More details are offered below (see links) on our carbon neutral status, what makes a company responsible, and more on our 'Go Green Program': which includes, salmon population enhancement & habitat programs, orca research, and local support for educational programs.
Go Green with Eagle Wing? (page coming soon)
Your Eagle Wing captain and crew will discuss the ways in which citizens can become involved in the positive future of these beautiful animals. Your questions are welcome, your curiosity commended and your business appreciated as part of a positive contribution to both our lives and those of the Southern Resident killer whale population. (aka: J, K, & L pods)
What we do above the ocean affects the little critters beneath it...
|Tours & Rates||Our Boats||Captain's Blog||Contact Us|